Issue consuming web service in Appian

I have "Oasis Web Service Security" in my SOAP Web Service. It has "username token" used in it. I am unable to access it from "Call Web Service" and "HTTP Query" smart services. Do I need to create a JAVA plugin for it ? If yes, any suggestions which approach should I use (as there are multiple ways to approach this in JAVA) and what should I use to handle that username token security in the code ?

OriginalPostID-150603

OriginalPostID-150603

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would recommend that you take the wsdl from the provider and modify it to remove "choice". Sometimes people create/generate complicated wsdls that make it difficult to consume and you have to modify the wsdl to be able to consume it in appian. Please keep in mind that you have to keep the semantics of the wsdl intact but changing it to remove some of the xsd restrictions is okay. To give you an example, if the wsdl defines a choice to limit the values that can be passed as part of an element but the underlying type is string, you can remove the choice and replace it with xsd:string and the wsdl definition is still intact. Hope this helps.
  • I would recommend that you take the wsdl from the provider and modify it to remove "choice". Sometimes people create/generate complicated wsdls that make it difficult to consume and you have to modify the wsdl to be able to consume it in appian. Please keep in mind that you have to keep the semantics of the wsdl intact but changing it to remove some of the xsd restrictions is okay. To give you an example, if the wsdl defines a choice to limit the values that can be passed as part of an element but the underlying type is string, you can remove the choice and replace it with xsd:string and the wsdl definition is still intact. Hope this helps.
Children
No Data