Hi All, For one of our process we need to save person's firstname

Hi All,

For one of our process we need to save person's firstname lastname for reporting and record history. These person's details we need get from an LDAP. From the list of persons data user will select a single name and save it in the process variable or CDT field. Here we only need to store person's firstname lastname and this person is not involved in the process hence its just for information.

For above scenario I was thinking to use custom picker component which will be filled up from a source lets call it PersonDataTable. This data source PersonDataTable can be updated by querying LDAP directory after a particular interval using a timer process to keep it in synch with LDAP directory. By doing this we will not query LDAP directory every time so custom picker will be much responsive.

Please let me know if above implementation approach is correct or I should be doing this another way.

OriginalPostID-153082

OriginalPostID-153082

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Agree, and this has been an occasional issue. Though I have found it is rare that a new employee starts and our job hasn't caught up with the data. Usually, an employee starts or we get word through a company wide ticketing system to setup a new employee and it is days or sometimes weeks before all of their information appears in our active directory, HR table feeds, Exchange server accounts, etc. Our nightly job (which could be run more frequently on records updated less than X hours ago) seems to be enough, we just have to speed up the onboarding process through IT, corporate security, etc.
  • Agree, and this has been an occasional issue. Though I have found it is rare that a new employee starts and our job hasn't caught up with the data. Usually, an employee starts or we get word through a company wide ticketing system to setup a new employee and it is days or sometimes weeks before all of their information appears in our active directory, HR table feeds, Exchange server accounts, etc. Our nightly job (which could be run more frequently on records updated less than X hours ago) seems to be enough, we just have to speed up the onboarding process through IT, corporate security, etc.
Children
No Data