We've got the new 7.10 LDAP configuration set up, and I'm wondering abou

Certified Lead Developer
We've got the new 7.10 LDAP configuration set up, and I'm wondering about the new feature to automatically create users if they don't have an account. Seems great at first, but the question is what to do about setting up default groups. I know we can use group membership rules to add all users in the entire system to a group dynamically, but this seems to be very limited (can't create exclusion rules this way). Seems like we would need to be able to either explicitly set a default group in the LDAP config, or trigger a process model. Any thoughts?

OriginalPostID-156991

OriginalPostID-156991

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This capability is not available as-is in the product. You still need to put the users in the required groups either via Group Membership Rules or ParentGroup - SubGroup relationships.

If you cannot control this with Group Membership Rules in groups then I don't think it's a good idea to rely on the auto-creation and an scheduled process model since there could be a time frame where the user might not be in the required groups until the scheduled process runs.
  • This capability is not available as-is in the product. You still need to put the users in the required groups either via Group Membership Rules or ParentGroup - SubGroup relationships.

If you cannot control this with Group Membership Rules in groups then I don't think it's a good idea to rely on the auto-creation and an scheduled process model since there could be a time frame where the user might not be in the required groups until the scheduled process runs.
Children
No Data