hi all, I am consuming a web service with the help of "call web service&qu

hi all, I am consuming a web service with the help of "call web service" smart service. But I am getting error saying"There is a problem with task “Call Web Service” in the process “XYZ”. ???error.operation.invocation??? An error occurred while invoking the Web Service. Details: Too many open files (APNX-1-4044-000)'. Any one have any idea about this?

OriginalPostID-166332

OriginalPostID-166332

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It seems there's some confusion here. The "Too many open files" is an Operative System level error generated in the server where Appian is running. The error indicates the application server has too many file handles currently open, most likely JARs needed to support different features in the product including the Web Service call. The fact that you're getting this error indicates you haven't configured the ulimit properly. Please follow the steps I in that link to increase the ulimit.

Trust me, that's the root cause. This is based on deep knowledge about the architecture of Appian.
  • It seems there's some confusion here. The "Too many open files" is an Operative System level error generated in the server where Appian is running. The error indicates the application server has too many file handles currently open, most likely JARs needed to support different features in the product including the Web Service call. The fact that you're getting this error indicates you haven't configured the ulimit properly. Please follow the steps I in that link to increase the ulimit.

Trust me, that's the root cause. This is based on deep knowledge about the architecture of Appian.
Children
No Data