Hi all, I would like to ask you a question on the cmis integration: May I please

Hi all, I would like to ask you a question on the cmis integration: May I please know if we can copy more than one document to cmis in one shot using connector functions?

Just to make a note, I am aware of the cmis connector functions at forum.appian.com/.../Connector_Functions.html (a!cmiCopyDocumentFromAppian() in particular which has the ability to copy only one appian document to cmis system) and wanted to know if I am missing some thing among these or apart from these.

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-174791

OriginalPostID-174791

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you can use looping function with a!save, that would actually address your need. But a!save does not support partial function evaluation, which is required when using with looping function such as apply().

So, you can upload more than one file, if you know at design time, how many files you're going to upload :)

I actually gave up on these cmi Connector functions, because there is nothing we can do to detect an error condition, if the file didn't get uploaded.

Even if you create a custom Writer function, the best you can do is to get an error reported to end-users, no option to gracefully handle exceptions. So I chose to create Smart Service plug-in instead.

• If you can use looping function with a!save, that would actually address your need. But a!save does not support partial function evaluation, which is required when using with looping function such as apply().

So, you can upload more than one file, if you know at design time, how many files you're going to upload :)

I actually gave up on these cmi Connector functions, because there is nothing we can do to detect an error condition, if the file didn't get uploaded.

Even if you create a custom Writer function, the best you can do is to get an error reported to end-users, no option to gracefully handle exceptions. So I chose to create Smart Service plug-in instead.

Children
No Data