I am trying to configure office365 as a SMTP mail server. I get following error

I am trying to configure office365 as a SMTP mail server. I get following error when I run the process model containing Send Email smart service, smart service becomes unattended and waits infinitely.

2015-11-12 23:53:23,223 [Appian Work Item - 3 - ProcessExec02 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.ap2.util.Mail - Could not send mail via smtp.office365.com:587 to Amit L <amitkumarl@incessanttechnologies.com>
2015-11-12 23:53:23,226 [Appian Work Item - 3 - ProcessExec02 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] WARN com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest - An error occurred while executing activity: id=536878154, classname=com.appiancorp.process.runtime.activities.SendEmailActivity. This action will be retried until it succeeds or the maximum retry period is reached. Details: error.email_failure

I have seen other post on office365 and could not find a resolution for office365. Please see attached application server logs ...

server (2).log

OriginalPostID-178577

OriginalPostID-178577

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When you configured this for 7.10, did you add that server to a kind of list on Office365 to allow that server to send emails from it?

This error is usually related to the mail server's configuration which hasn't been updated to allow relay from the Appian server.

In terms of MS Exchange, adding the Appian 7.2 server's IP to the range of allowed relay hosts resolves this but I don't know if there's something similar you have to do on Office365. Does that ring a bell?
  • When you configured this for 7.10, did you add that server to a kind of list on Office365 to allow that server to send emails from it?

This error is usually related to the mail server's configuration which hasn't been updated to allow relay from the Appian server.

In terms of MS Exchange, adding the Appian 7.2 server's IP to the range of allowed relay hosts resolves this but I don't know if there's something similar you have to do on Office365. Does that ring a bell?
Children
No Data