We are in the process of architecting out our User/Role/Permission functionality

We are in the process of architecting out our User/Role/Permission functionality to integrate Appian into our environment (and currently don't have an on-premise or any other installation available for me to test any theories)... I have a couple questions about the Custom User fields and how they can be used to create dynamic groups in Appian based on user attributes:
1 Can these custom fields be populated via the LDAP synchronization process?
2 Can a multi-valued LDAP attribute be synched to a custom (or normal) user field?
3 If so, can that field be used to dynamically determine group membership based on the existence of 1 or more values of that multi-valued field?
4 If not, what is the limit in size that one of these user fields can hold (I am under the impression that these are already hidden to the Appian UI - so there would be no issue with having a 'really long field value' in a user's profile at least from the UI standpoint)?
5 Is there al...

OriginalPostID-65726

OriginalPostID-65726

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • LDAP Sync is done in a process and the smart service "LDAP User Profile Synchronization" allows to map LDAP fields to custom fields.

In our process after LDAP sync we look up other systems (ERP, HR) to put users in several groups like departments and teams.

Groups also have membership rules in which you can define that all users with the string "matchme" in custom field 2 should be in this group.

So ... yes :-)
  • LDAP Sync is done in a process and the smart service "LDAP User Profile Synchronization" allows to map LDAP fields to custom fields.

In our process after LDAP sync we look up other systems (ERP, HR) to put users in several groups like departments and teams.

Groups also have membership rules in which you can define that all users with the string "matchme" in custom field 2 should be in this group.

So ... yes :-)
Children
No Data