I am working to create a SOAP web service to integrate with Appian. I have curre

I am working to create a SOAP web service to integrate with Appian. I have currently tested the web service and it works when being called by other clients, but the Appian web service node does not seem to be passing the web service any parameters. I have successfully got a return "hello world" from the web service into Appian, so the issue is with the passing of data. I'm currently attempting invoke the web service using the an expression rule. This is the code I'm executing, but the web service noes not detect any variables.Stuff is the variable name and it should echo back with whatever is passed to the web service. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

webservicequery(
wsConfig:
a!wsConfig(
wsdlUrl: "testurl/.../test
service: "{testurl:443/test}test",
port: "testPort",
operation: "{https://testurl:443/test}echo"
),
inputVar: {stuff: "more stuff"}}
)

**Note: I have changed the ...

OriginalPostID-196612

OriginalPostID-196612

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you, Jennifer! It was very helpful to have an example to be able to match up with my current wsdl. The solution was I needed to create the dictionary for the parameters. I tried this before, but I wasn't using the correct element name. So thanks again for your help everyone. As as bonus question to anyone that can answer... Now that I've corrected the expression to work how would I put the same information in the process model web service node? Which parts of the dictionary (or both) should go into the keys/values text boxes give the example "{testRequestecho: {stuff: "more stuff"}}"?
  • Thank you, Jennifer! It was very helpful to have an example to be able to match up with my current wsdl. The solution was I needed to create the dictionary for the parameters. I tried this before, but I wasn't using the correct element name. So thanks again for your help everyone. As as bonus question to anyone that can answer... Now that I've corrected the expression to work how would I put the same information in the process model web service node? Which parts of the dictionary (or both) should go into the keys/values text boxes give the example "{testRequestecho: {stuff: "more stuff"}}"?
Children
No Data