Has anyone used OKTA with Appian?

Has anyone used OKTA with Appian? If so can you share how difficult it was to setup and any items that can be tricky?

Thank you!

OriginalPostID-197081

OriginalPostID-197081

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Our test run was just a proof of concept but we configured a specific group of users to get authenticated through SAML. They would have to login to OKTA first before continuing into Appian, attempting to go to our application URL autoredirected to the OKTA login. I don't believe that was configurable in the brief look we took but I'm not sure.

However our use case involves users outside the core group that don't authenticate via SAML, for them the trick appears to be to send them directly to the url ending in <appian_home>/suite/login.jsp where they can login normally.

Please reply back if you find anything else. We won't be implementing SAML for a few more months at the earliest.
  • Our test run was just a proof of concept but we configured a specific group of users to get authenticated through SAML. They would have to login to OKTA first before continuing into Appian, attempting to go to our application URL autoredirected to the OKTA login. I don't believe that was configurable in the brief look we took but I'm not sure.

However our use case involves users outside the core group that don't authenticate via SAML, for them the trick appears to be to send them directly to the url ending in <appian_home>/suite/login.jsp where they can login normally.

Please reply back if you find anything else. We won't be implementing SAML for a few more months at the earliest.
Children
No Data