LDAP Integration - In the current application that we are building, we are integ

LDAP Integration - In the current application that we are building, we are integrating to organizations LDAP. The LDAP has around 40,000 users. All of these users are not present in Appian.
For user pickers: We created custom users pickers that directly query LDAP based on at minimum 3 characters entered by users. But due to the huge list of users, it is taking a lot of time - about 20 secs - for each search to return back from LDAP? Any suggestions on how to fasten this search?
Another Option that we tried was to have the whole list of LDAP users downloaded to MS SQL DB and query from there. However, we did not get any better results. Plus we faced issues in querying the full user list from LDAP and getting it into DB? Any suggestions on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

OriginalPostID-213130

OriginalPostID-213130

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We're facing a similar issue, although it's not LDAP we're using. Many applications in our environment use a database that keeps track of employees. One of the teams created a view (although we use Oracle) that dramatically sped up querying the item. I'd now trying to build a customPicker to query that, but I'm having problems adapting the SAIL recipe to use a query Entity. Anyone have an example of that?
  • We're facing a similar issue, although it's not LDAP we're using. Many applications in our environment use a database that keeps track of employees. One of the teams created a view (although we use Oracle) that dramatically sped up querying the item. I'd now trying to build a customPicker to query that, but I'm having problems adapting the SAIL recipe to use a query Entity. Anyone have an example of that?
Children
No Data