Wondering how people are running MySQL stored procedures from Appian for validat

Wondering how people are running MySQL stored procedures from Appian for validation services in forms?

I found some examples of using Java and JPA/Hibernate bindings to do this e.g. - examples.javacodegeeks.com/.../

I'm thinking this could be run via a RESTful API and the http SmartService for inputs / outputs - or is there a way to create a CDT that maps to the JPA/Hibernate directives and work it that way?

OriginalPostID-222301

OriginalPostID-222301

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Matthew, good to know that is there. It's obviously misnamed - should be manipulate_database_direct_access !

Even though the JDBC connection can be restricted somewhat - most DBAs would be nervous about enabling this I can see.

I'm still thinking that the RESTful route is the clearest - and looking for examples that people have done - or what does Appian recommend for Stored Procedures now this Query service is deprecated?
  • Matthew, good to know that is there. It's obviously misnamed - should be manipulate_database_direct_access !

Even though the JDBC connection can be restricted somewhat - most DBAs would be nervous about enabling this I can see.

I'm still thinking that the RESTful route is the clearest - and looking for examples that people have done - or what does Appian recommend for Stored Procedures now this Query service is deprecated?
Children
No Data