Wondering how people are running MySQL stored procedures from Appian for validat

Wondering how people are running MySQL stored procedures from Appian for validation services in forms?

I found some examples of using Java and JPA/Hibernate bindings to do this e.g. - examples.javacodegeeks.com/.../

I'm thinking this could be run via a RESTful API and the http SmartService for inputs / outputs - or is there a way to create a CDT that maps to the JPA/Hibernate directives and work it that way?

OriginalPostID-222301

OriginalPostID-222301

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • David, I believe the plug-in is the best route instead of using this smart-service. This smart service is deprecated in the sense that it is no longer used for writing to tables or querying from tables, instead the Write to Datastore Entity smart services and Query Entity should be used. I am not sure if this (being its deprecation) applies to using it for running stored procedures.

For RESTful integrations, one can use the HTTP Query Smart Service out of the box.
    forum.appian.com/.../HTTP_Query_Smart_Service.html

I have personally never dealt with integrating with an RDBMS over HTTP(s). Is the use case for a cloud site or for an on premise installation? (in terms of which database you are attempting to access)
  • David, I believe the plug-in is the best route instead of using this smart-service. This smart service is deprecated in the sense that it is no longer used for writing to tables or querying from tables, instead the Write to Datastore Entity smart services and Query Entity should be used. I am not sure if this (being its deprecation) applies to using it for running stored procedures.

For RESTful integrations, one can use the HTTP Query Smart Service out of the box.
    forum.appian.com/.../HTTP_Query_Smart_Service.html

I have personally never dealt with integrating with an RDBMS over HTTP(s). Is the use case for a cloud site or for an on premise installation? (in terms of which database you are attempting to access)
Children
No Data