Web API to Update Data of DB

Certified Lead Developer
Hi,
I have a requirement where i need to Update the data of the Database using Web-API, for that i created a Web API using POST method having a!writeToDataStoreEntity() function configured.

Problem Statement:- when i pass the JSON Format data into body field of Web API, it works Well, but whenever i am trying to do the same using an Expression rule where i have defined a rule input of type text where specified value is the same JSON which i used earlier, then nothing gets Update in database and also no log informations about it, and it returns Writer Type followed by following Value
[name=httpwriter_appian_internal, parameters=http://localhost:port/suite/webapi/storeEmployee; POST; ; ; [username=[externalSystemKey=mycredentials, fieldKey=username, usePerUser=false], password=[externalSystemKey=mycredentials, fieldKey=password, usePerUser=false], preemptive=true];followed by Data

OriginalPostID-244534

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @stefanh791 Actually i was pulling the Complete Employee Details from DB using Web API in Json Format, which contains DOB as well as JoinDate of Type Date , also created a WEB API to update the Employee details, and i was needed to send the Data also in JSON format to Web API in order to get updated, so in such case my existing DOB and Join Date was getting convert into 'yyyy-mm-dd' format while using toJson() which was causing the issue. So the requirement was finally in need to send the Whole CDT in form of JSON where the Existing Date Values must be in Appian format, so for that i created a plugin which did my Job, And Not only for this requirement but also in Any case if we have a Json and need to convert any Date type property value to some other format this can be useful.

Thanks
    Certified Lead Developer
    @stefanh791 Actually i was pulling the Complete Employee Details from DB using Web API in Json Format, which contains DOB as well as JoinDate of Type Date , also created a WEB API to update the Employee details, and i was needed to send the Data also in JSON format to Web API in order to get updated, so in such case my existing DOB and Join Date was getting convert into 'yyyy-mm-dd' format while using toJson() which was causing the issue. So the requirement was finally in need to send the Whole CDT in form of JSON where the Existing Date Values must be in Appian format, so for that i created a plugin which did my Job, And Not only for this requirement but also in Any case if we have a Json and need to convert any Date type property value to some other format this can be useful.

Thanks
Children
No Data