Parameters to Embedded SAIL

Certified Lead Developer
Hi all,

Is there a way to pass certain parameters to an embedded SAIL form via JQuery (or JS in general)? Or any other way?

We're building a website which includes some embedded SAIL forms and we would like to pass, according to user's actions on the website, a value to the embedded Interface and see and work with that value within Appian.

Thanks,
Riccardo

OriginalPostID-244966

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @riccardob, A webapi can do more than just start a process (complete task, write to data store, etc), so it's more flexible than just exposing a process as a web service. The problem with the double webapi approach is that you're not guaranteed that the task you want has been activated by the time the second call goes through. (I've done a hack-y solution that seems to work, but I'm not going to suggest that publicly)
    The other approach would be to have Appian "callback" to your Application, and handle that callback on your server side to trigger a reaction to the appropriate client, using something like Server Side Events/websockets. That technology is a bit new, so it will depend on how custom your external app is on whether you could implement something with that.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @riccardob, A webapi can do more than just start a process (complete task, write to data store, etc), so it's more flexible than just exposing a process as a web service. The problem with the double webapi approach is that you're not guaranteed that the task you want has been activated by the time the second call goes through. (I've done a hack-y solution that seems to work, but I'm not going to suggest that publicly)
    The other approach would be to have Appian "callback" to your Application, and handle that callback on your server side to trigger a reaction to the appropriate client, using something like Server Side Events/websockets. That technology is a bit new, so it will depend on how custom your external app is on whether you could implement something with that.
Children
No Data