Call Web Service with PasswordDigest Authentication

#Integrations
Hi All,

I need to consume a service which absolutely makes use of OASIS UsernameToken/PasswordDigest Authentication. I am unable to call this service via Call Web Service smart service or httpquery.

Has anyone ever integrated with such a service? Or does anyone know how can we generate a Username Token?

Appreciate any suggestions

OriginalPostID-255862

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Server version is Appian 16.3.

I tried looking at the logs for more info, and what I could get was the below :

1) An error occurred while invoking the Web Service. Details: Error in extracting message properties (APNX-1-4044-000)
    2) org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Error in converting SOAP Envelope to Document
    3)java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPHeaderBlock

On further search, it seems that these errors are because of the custom Headers in the SOAP webservice? Appian reads and parses the WSDL using Apache AXIS2 - However, Rampart and Axis2 do not accept ws security and custom headers together..?

I am not entirely sure, if this is what is causing the issue.
  • Server version is Appian 16.3.

I tried looking at the logs for more info, and what I could get was the below :

1) An error occurred while invoking the Web Service. Details: Error in extracting message properties (APNX-1-4044-000)
    2) org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Error in converting SOAP Envelope to Document
    3)java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPHeaderBlock

On further search, it seems that these errors are because of the custom Headers in the SOAP webservice? Appian reads and parses the WSDL using Apache AXIS2 - However, Rampart and Axis2 do not accept ws security and custom headers together..?

I am not entirely sure, if this is what is causing the issue.
Children
No Data