Capturing relevant information from the body of emails sent to a process model

I'm trying to create a feature to allow users to communicate by email and have their communication tracked by Appian and stored in a database. However, I'm having a hard time capturing the meaningful information from the body of the email message. Email signatures and the content of emails earlier in the chain are also captured. Has anyone implemented a solution that does what I'm trying to accomplish?

For example, I tried sending an email with just the word "Testing" in the body, but striphtml(msg!body) returns all of this garbage, including my email signature:

Testing________________________________[cid:image001.jpg@01CC47C6.5B839AF0]John StrettonEDP Renewables North AmericaCorporate InitiativesAddress here, Houston, TX 77002Direct xxx.xxx.xxxxwww.edpr.comTake action. Use energy efficient products.This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If y...

OriginalPostID-257049

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • ...ou are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer. Thank you.________________________________Esta mensagem e os ficheiros anexos podem conter informa??o confidencial ou reservada. Se, por engano, receber esta mensagem, solicita-se que informe de imediato o remetente e que elimine a mensagem e ficheiros anexos sem os reproduzir.This message and any files herewith attached may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete this message and any files attached without copying them in any way.Este mensaje, asi como los archivos anexos, pueden contener informacion reservada ...
  • ...ou are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer. Thank you.________________________________Esta mensagem e os ficheiros anexos podem conter informa??o confidencial ou reservada. Se, por engano, receber esta mensagem, solicita-se que informe de imediato o remetente e que elimine a mensagem e ficheiros anexos sem os reproduzir.This message and any files herewith attached may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete this message and any files attached without copying them in any way.Este mensaje, asi como los archivos anexos, pueden contener informacion reservada ...
Children
No Data