Using Exchange Web Services for email

My exchange administrators are saying that I need Appian to use Exchange Web Services. How can I get Appian to talk using this protocol?

Thanks in advance. I did a search and I didn't see anything after 2015...

OriginalPostID-258508

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Vinod,

Our usecase is to receive the emails. We are also trying to develop the plug-in but ran into the following exception. Please suggest. Appreciate your help!

com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException: microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.core.exception.service.remote.ServiceRequestException: The request failed. com.appiancorp.common.xml.AppianXMLInputFactory cannot be cast to javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
    at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException$Builder.build(SmartServiceException.java:145)
    at com.freddiemac.plugins.email.EmailParser.run(EmailParser.java:171)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:113)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:110)
    at com.appiancorp.common.ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.runInContext(ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.java:25)

The following is the line in our code causing the above exception.

FindItemsResults<Item> findResults = service.findItems(folder.getId(), view);

We think it is classloader issue, but where and how to control the classloading for plug-in?

• Hi Vinod,

Our usecase is to receive the emails. We are also trying to develop the plug-in but ran into the following exception. Please suggest. Appreciate your help!

com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException: microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.core.exception.service.remote.ServiceRequestException: The request failed. com.appiancorp.common.xml.AppianXMLInputFactory cannot be cast to javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
    at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException$Builder.build(SmartServiceException.java:145)
    at com.freddiemac.plugins.email.EmailParser.run(EmailParser.java:171)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:113)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:110)
    at com.appiancorp.common.ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.runInContext(ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.java:25)

The following is the line in our code causing the above exception.

FindItemsResults<Item> findResults = service.findItems(folder.getId(), view);

We think it is classloader issue, but where and how to control the classloading for plug-in?

Children
No Data