Web Services

An application is using web services and can be accessed by getPro.aspx and listPro.aspx (URL: server:port/.../getPro.aspx)
Using tools like postman, we can access (post and retrieve) the web services without authentication or any further attributes other than the URL.
If we do a get, we can pass parameters to get specific information.
1. How could I use these in Appian Web Service Smart service or HTTP Query Smart service or scripting.
a. retrieve information (GET) from the web service
b. post information (POST) from Appian to the web service

2. set up a web service listener in Appian to accept data posted by the other application web service which triggers
a. Save to database
b. Initiate a process model

OriginalPostID-266881

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @eltonr what i understood from you above comment is, you are getting the response from a webservice and once you get the response, you are starting a process, which will have a User Input Task, which assigns a Task to a Group/User, where user will accept the Reject the request, so the same approval status along with few more data you are wanted to send to the service.

Here i have 2 questions:
    1) Whats the Method for this service, from which you are getting the response, before spawns of a process model, i believe it's GET, however let us know the method of this Service, as you can use httpWrite() only for POST call, where you need to send the Body

2) Do you want to send the approval status along with few more data to the same service from where you have got the response before spawns of the Process Model.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @eltonr what i understood from you above comment is, you are getting the response from a webservice and once you get the response, you are starting a process, which will have a User Input Task, which assigns a Task to a Group/User, where user will accept the Reject the request, so the same approval status along with few more data you are wanted to send to the service.

Here i have 2 questions:
    1) Whats the Method for this service, from which you are getting the response, before spawns of a process model, i believe it's GET, however let us know the method of this Service, as you can use httpWrite() only for POST call, where you need to send the Body

2) Do you want to send the approval status along with few more data to the same service from where you have got the response before spawns of the Process Model.
Children
No Data