Analyst Certification /Credentials

Hello, I have been looking around the Appian Community site about credentials or certification applicable for Analysts (Business Analysts). However, I couldn't find any information aside from the Analyst Certification/Credential had been deprecated, and Appian now only issues credentials for 3 Appian developer levels (Level 1, 2 and 3). It appears these levels are applicable or targeted for designers/developers, not analysts.

That being said, at a minimum for analysts, which courses must be taken in order to learn and understand Appian to be able to perform the Analyst role successfully? Also, are there any form of recognition given once these courses are completed to be considered knowledgeable in Appian, if certifications/credentials are no longer offered/provided.

Thanks in advance for anyone's valuable input. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello. I made the mistake of following outdated information on the discussion forums before taking the L1 exam. For whatever reason, I was under the impression the exam for for Analyst and really prepared for the project management, Agile, Quick Apps, etc., information. I did complete the Dev course as well, but didn't read all the documents associated with it. When I took the L1 exam, I found out I had prepare for an older exam that no longer exists. Now I have to wait 30 days before I can take it again. PLEASE do not make the same mistake I did. This is a dev exam, plain and simple. Both Peter and Kara from Appian have made clarifications to this, so follow their advice, and not from old discussions for the Analyst exam. You will fail. Take the entire Dev course, build some apps and please read the documents on each of the topics. Then I believe anyone can pass. Learn from my mistakes.

Appian has done an outstanding job of creating all this incredible training for us. Thank you so much Kara and all the training team! I sincerely hope this helps someone. 

Thanks

Jeff

• Hello. I made the mistake of following outdated information on the discussion forums before taking the L1 exam. For whatever reason, I was under the impression the exam for for Analyst and really prepared for the project management, Agile, Quick Apps, etc., information. I did complete the Dev course as well, but didn't read all the documents associated with it. When I took the L1 exam, I found out I had prepare for an older exam that no longer exists. Now I have to wait 30 days before I can take it again. PLEASE do not make the same mistake I did. This is a dev exam, plain and simple. Both Peter and Kara from Appian have made clarifications to this, so follow their advice, and not from old discussions for the Analyst exam. You will fail. Take the entire Dev course, build some apps and please read the documents on each of the topics. Then I believe anyone can pass. Learn from my mistakes.

Appian has done an outstanding job of creating all this incredible training for us. Thank you so much Kara and all the training team! I sincerely hope this helps someone. 

Thanks

Jeff

Children
No Data