This process has been inactive for a time period exceeding defined limits

I have this process model which loops continuously and checks if any new value is inserted. After 1000 instances i started getting above error  in the node highlighted and the Process model gets paused. How can i control this issue and make the process model run continuously ? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There's some good suggestions above on how to run this in a loop, but I'm also curious if this could be built in an entirely different way that would eliminate the need to create a loop at all. For example, is it possible to have whatever is updating the value in the database trigger an Appian process on any update? For instance, suppose that you have a web service that is inserting data into a database and that is what you are checking here. Instead, of running a loop, you could have the service also make a request to an Appian Web API to start the process at that point. Then it would be instantaneous and you wouldn't need to worry about creating a loop.

• There's some good suggestions above on how to run this in a loop, but I'm also curious if this could be built in an entirely different way that would eliminate the need to create a loop at all. For example, is it possible to have whatever is updating the value in the database trigger an Appian process on any update? For instance, suppose that you have a web service that is inserting data into a database and that is what you are checking here. Instead, of running a loop, you could have the service also make a request to an Appian Web API to start the process at that point. Then it would be instantaneous and you wouldn't need to worry about creating a loop.

Children