pessimistic logic

to implement the pessimistic locking how to identify/know the data base table is locked or not?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What do you want to achieve? Protecting a record from multiple executions of related actions?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Yes!  This makes me realize exactly how to phrase what I intend to phrase.  Thank you, Stefan.

Every single implementation of pessimistic locking has to be unique to the particulars of the thing you're trying to pessimistically lock, and both what and who you're trying to lock it from.  They all have to be different based on your specific goals.

My solution: A.  Is protected by a Non Disclosure Agreement  B.  Is too highly technical for me to go into absolutely all the particulars here if I could  C.  Even if I could remember all of them precisely  D.  Would therefore be more difficult than making your own even if I could tell you every detail, and finally E. Wouldn't even work for your situation if you could copy it exactly.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Yes!  This makes me realize exactly how to phrase what I intend to phrase.  Thank you, Stefan.

Every single implementation of pessimistic locking has to be unique to the particulars of the thing you're trying to pessimistically lock, and both what and who you're trying to lock it from.  They all have to be different based on your specific goals.

My solution: A.  Is protected by a Non Disclosure Agreement  B.  Is too highly technical for me to go into absolutely all the particulars here if I could  C.  Even if I could remember all of them precisely  D.  Would therefore be more difficult than making your own even if I could tell you every detail, and finally E. Wouldn't even work for your situation if you could copy it exactly.

Children