Is it possible to call process model through email link(external system)

Hi All

I'm looking for an idea how to call a process model through an email link-

I have tried the following way to achieve it...

case 1: I first created a process model and then created a webApi which will call the PM, but URL returned by WebApi cannot be accessed from an Email(external system).

Output: Returns 404 not found error.

case 2 : I have created process model (with start node as receive message)  and then created an emailid for PM to use that PM-email id in the email link(html template). 

Output: Redirects to the news tab in tempo, but PM is not getting triggered. 

Please provide me some possible ways to achieve this..

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In general you cannot start a process via an external link. A link in an email or browser does a "GET" operation, meaning it is made to just fetch some information from another system. When you look at how we build APIs in Appian you will notice that the a!startProcess only works in a "POST" enabled API. What you could do, is to forward the user to a landing page where he can start the process by e.g. pushing a button.

• In general you cannot start a process via an external link. A link in an email or browser does a "GET" operation, meaning it is made to just fetch some information from another system. When you look at how we build APIs in Appian you will notice that the a!startProcess only works in a "POST" enabled API. What you could do, is to forward the user to a landing page where he can start the process by e.g. pushing a button.

Children
No Data