Process Model error: The save target must be a local variable that does not refresh on every evaluation or on an interval, a process variable,

Hi guys,

I have an Interface with a form and 4 buttons(Save, Cancel, Modify, Submit)
At first only cancel and Save will be shown
When i press Save, all fields will become Read Only
and in read only modify and Submit buttons will appear

when i press modify, all fields will become Editable

I used a!save(readonly, True) in Save button
and a!save(readonly, False) in Modify button

Now this all are working fine in Interface level

But when i run this in Process model its throwing an error

Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = SGEMLPB7]
in rule '<Interface Name>' at function a!buttonWidget
[line 982]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression
evaluation error: The save target must be a local variable that does
not refresh on every evaluation or on an interval, a process variable,
or a node input (or a rule input passed one of those three), but instead was: False

Please Help

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Is what you described the exact syntax in your interface? Because in your expression, you didn't use a domain. This has the potential to cause problems, so I highly recommend always using domain prefixes for any variable. For example, I would expect that your saves look more like this:

saveInto: a!save(
      target: ri!readOnly,
      value: true
    )

In general the validations are a bit more sensitive in the process modeler than in the interface designer, so I have definitely seen similar cases to this where it appeared to work in interface designer but then failed in the process modeler.

If I assumed incorrectly, could you post a snippet of the code? Make sure to use the input > code to make it easier to read Slight smile

• Is what you described the exact syntax in your interface? Because in your expression, you didn't use a domain. This has the potential to cause problems, so I highly recommend always using domain prefixes for any variable. For example, I would expect that your saves look more like this:

saveInto: a!save(
      target: ri!readOnly,
      value: true
    )

In general the validations are a bit more sensitive in the process modeler than in the interface designer, so I have definitely seen similar cases to this where it appeared to work in interface designer but then failed in the process modeler.

If I assumed incorrectly, could you post a snippet of the code? Make sure to use the input > code to make it easier to read Slight smile

Children