Export Data to excel

We are fetching data from web services and d then through required filters and sorting displayed on Paging grid.

Could anyone explain me how to export this data of paging grid to excel

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello. Do you by chance have a record created to display this data? You can use Appian's OOTB "export to excel" feature that's associated with the record list. In version 20.3 or later, this is also accessible as a property of a read-only grid if the data is being sourced from a record. 

There is also a smart service function that you can use to download data to excel: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.4/Export_Process_Report_Excel_Smart_Service.html

• Record was not created.

Data source is from Web Services.

Do I need to created record to use export data to excel, is there any way, that the directly integrated data can be exported to excel, apart from creating a record?

• 1. Yes to use the Appian feature Export Data Store Entity To Excel Smart Service, you must create an entity record and store the data you receive from web services.

2. If you don't want to create an entity record then you need to do the following 
        2.1: You need to give a link like Generate Excel

2.2: On click to that link, call a process model where you need to pass the data you want to download and store it in a table (make a column process ID for uniquely identification for each session) and then you can use the Appian feature Export Data Store Entity To Excel Smart Service.

2.3: Appian feature Export Data Store Entity To Excel Smart Service will give you an excel document  which either you can send to the end user's email or take back the PV value in the form and make another document download link by a!documentDownloadLink() function

2.4: In the same model you can add delete entries to the table, once you got the document as table size will grow.

Please let me know if you did not get it.