ERP development.

Hi friends, I am new to Appian and new to BPM too. I just want to know is it possible to develop a full fledged ERP software with Appian? If no then what are the shortcomings?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

From my perspective this depends so much on your actual requirements and your idea of ERP. Some things to consider: Appian does not directly support multi-tenancy, Appian does not directly support special ways of financial calculations, Appian does not directly allow database transaction control.

There are ways to handle all of this. If you have a process based approach on "ERP", then Appian could fit. If your approach is more a "rich-UI-database-modification-tool", then probably not.

Just my two cents ... Does that help?

Certified Lead Developer

From my perspective this depends so much on your actual requirements and your idea of ERP. Some things to consider: Appian does not directly support multi-tenancy, Appian does not directly support special ways of financial calculations, Appian does not directly allow database transaction control.

There are ways to handle all of this. If you have a process based approach on "ERP", then Appian could fit. If your approach is more a "rich-UI-database-modification-tool", then probably not.

Just my two cents ... Does that help?

Children
No Data