Generate PDF

Certified Associate Developer

I have an instance where the user selects 1 to many event numbers to generate a report.  I am attempting to set it up where I have one template and it fills it out and combines them all to together to generate a final report that maybe any number of pages.  I have a Query node that pulls the data and a Fill PDF node that fills in the data once.  How can I get this setup where is basically loops through the 2 nodes, adding a page to the PDF each time?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to AllenP

Hi Allen

1) Please try the smart service -PDF Doc from Template.We use the same for pdf creation (PDF Doc from Template also does the same.)
    We need to create template using adobe/other pdf template tools
    and then do the proper settings.
    ex: for date value : label is "Date" and then on the value
    field. Please create with #Date#.. import the template and mention the same. Map the values to pdf custom fields

Save the document name in the output tab in the pv: ex:olddocname

2)Next step is  use Merge pdf smart service.

below are the settings
    input tab
    Create New Document (boolean):false
    existing document(Document):pv!olddocname
    documents(Document):{to document(pv!olddocname),pv!newdocument}

output tab: save the below value
    NewDocumentCreated

After you create the documents, pls try to loop part and merge the docs. Please make sure the always pv!contains latest document..

Please let me know if above logic works for you.

Have a good Day!

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to baratc

Thank you, I am one step closer.  It is creating separate PDFs for each event, but sadly it is not merging them.

• +1
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to AllenP

Hi Allen,

Please try by giving/overriding latest value in the  pv!olddocname. I mean save the output of the merge document in pv!olddocname(date type :document) and  then pass next loop automatically its takes previously created pdf.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,Barat

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to AllenP

Can you share the setup you're trying within the Merge PDF portion?  I built a proof of conecpt PDF merging tool using it several months ago and it seemed pretty straightforward.  Also, when you say "it's not merging them", what is happening instead?