Is there any way to speed things up in development?

Certified Associate Developer

I am working on an interface like above 

and each time a component is added or configured, it takes about 10 to 30 seconds to load.

Is it normally this slow? Or is there a way to speed up.

+ The interface form is requested by the customer, so separating the interface into  parts will not be a selectable choice.

Thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

That's certainly plenty of input fields but even with that it should only take a few seconds to load at most if you're not doing anything unnecessarily load-intensive in the background.  I'm a little unclear what you mean by "each time a component is added", but 10-30 seconds seems high.  My first guess is that you're doing unnecessarily large or repeated queries in the background for your dropdowns or other on-form data, which I have no way of knowing without seeing some sample code.

Certified Lead Developer

That's certainly plenty of input fields but even with that it should only take a few seconds to load at most if you're not doing anything unnecessarily load-intensive in the background.  I'm a little unclear what you mean by "each time a component is added", but 10-30 seconds seems high.  My first guess is that you're doing unnecessarily large or repeated queries in the background for your dropdowns or other on-form data, which I have no way of knowing without seeing some sample code.

Children
No Data