Regarding File Upload Control

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All , 

In File Upload Control , I don not want to save the File in Knowledge Center Folder  when User First Upload and then Click Cancel or Close the Tab . What should I do in this case .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The file is persisted when the user clicks a submit enabled button. An option might be to clear the rule input which stores the document on clicking the submit button.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle
    An option might be to clear the rule input which stores the document on clicking the submit button.

nope.  it will prevent the document ID from being passed into the process, but will not prevent the document from landing in the target folder.  the only viable methods I've found to handle this are to either disable the "cancel" button, or to have the SAIL form track "newly uploaded" document IDs and pass them into an "orphaned doc IDs" list when Cancel is clicked, then have a special flow in the process to delete orphaned documents.

Edit: of course I replied before reading the rest of the thread.  Did your tests eventually bear this out?  In the (not very distant) past I've tested this extensively, but maybe not within the previous 2 or 3 Appian versions, in case anything's changed.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle
    An option might be to clear the rule input which stores the document on clicking the submit button.

nope.  it will prevent the document ID from being passed into the process, but will not prevent the document from landing in the target folder.  the only viable methods I've found to handle this are to either disable the "cancel" button, or to have the SAIL form track "newly uploaded" document IDs and pass them into an "orphaned doc IDs" list when Cancel is clicked, then have a special flow in the process to delete orphaned documents.

Edit: of course I replied before reading the rest of the thread.  Did your tests eventually bear this out?  In the (not very distant) past I've tested this extensively, but maybe not within the previous 2 or 3 Appian versions, in case anything's changed.

Children