Flexible User Interface - Database Normalization

Greetings All,

Now that I am able to create a CDT, I immediately see that I have some decisions to make with respect to what the UI looks like.  In my world, we have reservations with various pickup and dropoff types.  Previously, I have just thrown them all into one reservation table/record and used pickup_type = A, F, T, P and dropoff_type = A, F, T, P to show or hide different datawindows to display the data as necessary.

For one reservation that I display the pickup or dropoff type could be:

'A' = Address

'F' = Flight

'T' = Train

'P' = Private Jetport

Here is an example of Pickup Type = A / Dropoff Type = F (DROP AT AIRPORT):

And here is an example of Pickup Type = A and Dropoff Type = A (DROP AT ADDRESS):

I would like to create interfaces that show the screens mocked up as above.  Obviously, the dropoff layout for an address is laid out very different from dropoff layout for an airport.  And of course they use different fields / columns in the table row.

Again, right now I have it all in one table.  So to achieve this would I need to split my one 'TRIP' record into three tables as 'TRIP HEADER', TRIP_PICKUP_INFO, TRIP_DROPOFF_INFO with various pickpup / dropoff types that would specify which interface to use given pickup = A/T/F/P and dropoff = A/T/F/P?  Or can I select different UI's based just on the value of pickup_type and dropoff_type?  

I have taken a bunch of Appian UI courses online, but I have not seen any where the different User Interfaces are exchanged in different parts of the layout.

I 'guess' I could have 8 different UI's that I select from given the combination of pickup = A/T/F/P and dropoff = A/T/F/P but that seems a bit messy and difficult to maintain.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!

Paul

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data