Does Deleting An Application Delete Physical Tables?

Greetings All,

I manually created three tables using the Cloud Database tool.  I specified the primary key, foreign keys and populated the tables with data.

I then created an application.  I created Data Types, Data Stores and Records.  I then created an grid interfaces and I was able to see my data.

After some thoughts about how I named the application and if I should have select 'From Scratch', I DELETED the application.

I then created a new application and started to create a Data Type (or is it Custom Data Type) to connect to the existing physical tables I previously used.

I then discovered that my tables (along with the data) are now gone.

I am guessing I did something wrong.  If I had five applications using the same tables, it would seem counterproductive to have all of the physical tables being deleted because I deleted one application that refers to them.

Thanks for any help and advice!!

Best, Paul

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to paulp0005

I try to leave schema management to Appian as much as possible. Extra stuff like views, triggers, stored procedures are separate and must be managed by you.

When creating views, keep in mind that Appian will try to create a table for them at deployment time. Add a "drop table" statement ahead of the "create view" in your DDL scripts.

If you are used to do a lot of DB stuff, then this feels odd at first.

Children
No Data