Want information on Backward compatibity

Hi All, 

I am new to Appian, I would like to know what are support provided for backward compatibility. 

If we have created an app using Appian latest version, later if we have a new release, then does it affects the working app or there will no impact. 

Additionally, how can we check the frequency of new releases, Where can we get information regarding version backward compatible.

How may version are backward compatible with new release. ?

Do appian charges for every release?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Appian is consistently backwards compatible with each new release (there may be exceptions, but in general they are extremely rare and thoroughly documented). We have customers running applications that were created many years ago that still work fine.

Keep in mind that as new features are introduced, your existing application may not always automatically get the new features - you might need to change your app design to take advantage of new features. However, the application will continue to work as it did in prior releases.

Releases occur once per quarter and are named with the year and quarter (for example, the latest release is 21.2). If you are on a cloud site, Appian will automatically schedule an upgrade for you onto the newest version. On-premise customers will need to upgrade themselves.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

To support , since 2010 I never had any issue after an update. Appian is doing an amazing job here. Other platforms require you to start a migration project.

Reply Children
No Data