how to call the reference table text field using another table foreign key . Any approach

I have a table called reference amenity in which I have manually mapped amenityId and amenity types, I want to call this table using the foreign key field of another table called amenity table and want to store the amenity Type.By using the expression rule I have called the reference table but I want to store the amenity types  using the foreign key  can anyone suggest to me how to do this.

Reference table:

ammenity table:from this table I want to call the ammenity type 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi there,

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to get the label instead of the foreign-key id (as your last line suggests).
    If yes, then this can be a perfect use-case of the new entity relationships feature of the Record object which Appian introduced starting 21.2.
    This feature lets you connect multiple records (based on entity or web service) with each other using One-to-many, Many-to-one, and many-to-many mappings. 

So it means, you can use it to connect the 2 tables that you need to club data from and then use a!queryRecord to get the connect data against any specific filter value (eg. Primary key). It will take care of giving you the name instead of the foreign-key id. 

• Hi there,

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to get the label instead of the foreign-key id (as your last line suggests).
    If yes, then this can be a perfect use-case of the new entity relationships feature of the Record object which Appian introduced starting 21.2.
    This feature lets you connect multiple records (based on entity or web service) with each other using One-to-many, Many-to-one, and many-to-many mappings. 

So it means, you can use it to connect the 2 tables that you need to club data from and then use a!queryRecord to get the connect data against any specific filter value (eg. Primary key). It will take care of giving you the name instead of the foreign-key id. 

Children