Import excel into database

Hi,

Can anyone please help me how to import the excel in appian database without using database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Without the plugin, you would simply read the excel file using native Excel smart services, then convert those to CDTs, do any formatting or other business logic you need to on the CDTs, and write those to the database with Write to Datastore nodes. That allows a little bit more in the way of granular control, but you also want to consider how many excels and of what size, because they'll be converted to Process Variables that stay in memory until the process instances archive. If you are able I suppose the plugin would be the easiest route.

Certified Lead Developer

Without the plugin, you would simply read the excel file using native Excel smart services, then convert those to CDTs, do any formatting or other business logic you need to on the CDTs, and write those to the database with Write to Datastore nodes. That allows a little bit more in the way of granular control, but you also want to consider how many excels and of what size, because they'll be converted to Process Variables that stay in memory until the process instances archive. If you are able I suppose the plugin would be the easiest route.

Children
No Data