How to Update CDT

Certified Senior Developer

So I recently deleted some rows of my table from the Cloud Database and using a process model, I tried to enter user values via a form. The primary key in my table is ID and the rows that I deleted had ID's = 4, 5

When I entered new values via a form, the new row generated in my table had an ID = 6 and not ID = 4

So how do I make changes in the XSD file so that my ID value starts again from 4 ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To add, from a design perspective, this is why we use constants for our user-facing identifiers (such as Request Number #), which we can control via Appian with the Increment Constant node, and manual updates when necessary, leaving the database ID to only be used as the primary key, thus not mattering in user interface/reporting what this value is, if it skips sections due to removals etc - since as noted it can only be reset on the DB side.

• To add, from a design perspective, this is why we use constants for our user-facing identifiers (such as Request Number #), which we can control via Appian with the Increment Constant node, and manual updates when necessary, leaving the database ID to only be used as the primary key, thus not mattering in user interface/reporting what this value is, if it skips sections due to removals etc - since as noted it can only be reset on the DB side.

Children
No Data