how to create a column in the back end with a name contains underscore?

If I wish to add another column name called "BACKUP_ON", which must contain a underscore as requirement, how should I do?

I tried add another row called "backupOn" at datatype, but it turns to be "backupon" at back end structure, if i changed it to "BACKUP_ON",

then it create another "backupOn" at back end database table. But the backupOn at cdt datatype write into column "BACKUP_ON" of previous,

so this might be two bugs, one is "BACKUP_ON" generate to be "backupOn" if create datatype of existing table, but if create backupOn from original of scratch then it will changed to be "backupon" at back end, if changed to be "BACKUP_ON" then it will generate another "backupon" columns at table.

Second, the backupOn should write into "backupon" of second later created by responding relationship, but it write into the first "BACKUP_ON". So i doubt this might be two bugs.

Any one help me create a "BACKUP_ON" with underscore at database?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to immortalvirgil

Simply put, it's really just a 2-step process to add a new column:

1) add the column in your DB, either manually or via a SQL script (the former is a little easier to do on-demand, the latter is a little easier to deploy to other environments).  I suggest you practice both of these methods as it's usually pretty likely that a mixture of both will be required within an actively-developed project.

2) edit the XSD of your Data Type to add the new column where it's desired, specifying the name it will be given in the CDT and specifying the name of the DB table column it's located at, which is fairly easy because you can just reference how the other columns are set up at editing time.  Then in the data config screen, use the "update from XSD" option with your edited/saved XSD file.

Children
No Data