How to let button submit but not clean the local and rule input value?

I am trying to upload some files into processmodel, but the "export excel into database" function always report invalid contentID error, then i set a button with "submit:true()" in the interface expression model, each time i want transmit data into processmodel, i click the new set button first, after data being submitted, i clicked the second button which the elder one then it transport all excel files into processmodel successfully and transmit excel data into database without error. However!, interface is fine but if i put it on site or save it as action put on site, each time i click the first button perhaps it is submit:true, then all local!data saves documents are being cleaned up, then it is meanningless to click the second one. I am asking any way if i click the first button can save the data meanwhile not clean the local!documentdata? Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In general, and I think we've told you similarly in your other recent threads on this topic, you will need to handle this in a process flow, not on a site interface.  By that I mean, if you're allowing the user to upload some files in the start form of an Action, then if you want to continue using the results of those file uploads, then you should be starting a process where your user is chained into subsequent User Input Tasks, which of course can then make reference to the Process Variables containing your uploaded document IDs, extracted data, etc. 

Instead, what it sounds like you're trying to do is have a user upload some files in an Action start form, but then immediately direct them back to static Site pages but still see the uploaded documents (it's still not super clear what your intended UX steps are here though so forgive me if I'm mixing some of this up).  The problem is, as far as I can tell, you're trying to do stuff in an order that Appian simply has no direct way of supporting.  Once agian I very strongly suggest you start with more simple actions and build from there, going forward in complexity only when you gain sufficient understanding of the less complex stuff.

Certified Lead Developer

In general, and I think we've told you similarly in your other recent threads on this topic, you will need to handle this in a process flow, not on a site interface.  By that I mean, if you're allowing the user to upload some files in the start form of an Action, then if you want to continue using the results of those file uploads, then you should be starting a process where your user is chained into subsequent User Input Tasks, which of course can then make reference to the Process Variables containing your uploaded document IDs, extracted data, etc. 

Instead, what it sounds like you're trying to do is have a user upload some files in an Action start form, but then immediately direct them back to static Site pages but still see the uploaded documents (it's still not super clear what your intended UX steps are here though so forgive me if I'm mixing some of this up).  The problem is, as far as I can tell, you're trying to do stuff in an order that Appian simply has no direct way of supporting.  Once agian I very strongly suggest you start with more simple actions and build from there, going forward in complexity only when you gain sufficient understanding of the less complex stuff.

Children
No Data