Is the appian community site developed with appian?

Certified Associate Developer

Hello Appian,

Is the appian community site developed with appian?

If so, I would like to know how to set the content to be displayed differently depending on the window size as in the example in the photo.

also, other functions such as mouse over.

Thank you.

P.S.
It seems that some advertisements have been posted on the bulletin board. Think that it needs management?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Appian is a B2B and/or B2G  low code development platform.
    It is a new fast, flexible and lean way to develop applications for company internal use. Easy adjustable for new requirements if necessary.
    You are limited to the appian provided functions and appian specific extensions made by plugins as you need the platform to execute it. 

Get webshops, websites, games etc out of your mind. That is a complete other part of the world of programming.
    It is not a website or mobile app builder...

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Richard Michaelis

Thanks for the reply.
    Is this answer based on your experience? Or is it the official position of appian?
    Will Appian go beyond B2B and B2G to more advanced development in the future?

in reply to dreamyoung

I am working with appian since january 2018. So i have solid base how to use and implement appian.
    that is pretty officially and even asked during certification exams ;)  

No, three reasons for that.
    1.) That will be difficult as you need always the platform to execute the appian functions.That is the core part of appian business model. Steady income with licences for that platform.
    2.) The platform is based on BPMN (meta) processes and "views" on data like reports or specific (structure) type of data like "records" and so on. So it is waaay more than the a!- functionalities.
    3.) On top appian itself is based on java. As long as appian is not extending java functionalities, there won't be any similar thing.
    4.) The idea is: be faster than "advanced development" languages so you need less budget and you are more flexible to react to necessary changes. But to archive that, there will be always compromises. Appian tries to be champion in its specific area

in reply to dreamyoung

I am working with appian since january 2018. So i have solid base how to use and implement appian.
    that is pretty officially and even asked during certification exams ;)  

No, three reasons for that.
    1.) That will be difficult as you need always the platform to execute the appian functions.That is the core part of appian business model. Steady income with licences for that platform.
    2.) The platform is based on BPMN (meta) processes and "views" on data like reports or specific (structure) type of data like "records" and so on. So it is waaay more than the a!- functionalities.
    3.) On top appian itself is based on java. As long as appian is not extending java functionalities, there won't be any similar thing.
    4.) The idea is: be faster than "advanced development" languages so you need less budget and you are more flexible to react to necessary changes. But to archive that, there will be always compromises. Appian tries to be champion in its specific area

Children
No Data