how to get a values from a sub interface

if i want to transport a value to a interface belongs to certain rule i can use rule(a:local!a),

but how can i vice versa get a variable value belongs to its interface?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Let's get a key concept clear (this may help you conceptual model you use going forwards):

• rule inputs - whether used in User Interfaces or Expression Rules - are references or pointers (in Java terms) to a location where a value is actually stored. That is: a rule input has no actual value of its own

This means that if you want to "fetch" a value form a child component back into the parent component then that value has to exist either as a local! variable in the parent component OR it has to be a rule input to the parent component. Bear in mind that the latter is still a pointer and has to reference a variable somewhere. If your User Interface is the very top level and is being called from a process model then the actual variable is the "Activity Class" variable which is in effect private to the the User Input Task node. You can copy values from process variables to activity class variables and back again using the mapping in the User Input Task.

Children
No Data