Couple of questions for an Appian Newbie

Hi Guys,

I am new to Appian and want to become certified and become a full-fledged Appian developer. I am a self-taught dev and don't have a tech degree, I was earlier working as a React developer/Front end developer and Javascript is the only language I know. I've done only done functional programming so far and have dabbled with OOPs here and there. I also have hand-on experience with MongoDB(but not SQL). 

Do you think my background is good enough for me to just jump in and start learning Appian development? Or should I develop a foundation first with OOPs, SQL, etc. or learn some Java.

It would be very helpful if you can suggest me a prerequisite that I should work on before jumping in. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Karan, Stefan already answered your questions. You don't need any other programming language knowledge to learn Appian. This is the benefit of Appian and low code. You might need SQL in some cases wher you would need to write stored procedures,But as a beginner that's not necessary and once you gain good experience in Appian then it won't be a problem.You can take Appian courses from Appian academy or you can take instructor led courses as well. Appian provides community edition platform where you can learn and practice your knowledge in Appian. I hope it helps.

• +1
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Karan, Stefan already answered your questions. You don't need any other programming language knowledge to learn Appian. This is the benefit of Appian and low code. You might need SQL in some cases wher you would need to write stored procedures,But as a beginner that's not necessary and once you gain good experience in Appian then it won't be a problem.You can take Appian courses from Appian academy or you can take instructor led courses as well. Appian provides community edition platform where you can learn and practice your knowledge in Appian. I hope it helps.

Children