Difference Between datastore , datatype and recordtype

Hi,everyone....

I'm new to appian .
I'm little bit confuse between datastore , datatype and recordtype.
If someone know about those difference please explain details.

my understand is like this...it's right or not?
・Datatype is a format of table to create a database.
・Datastore is a database and
・Recordtype is common actions for users who will directly interact with data using recordtypes
(eg.users can be directly added to data using record type and can be referenced in other interfaces and processes.)

Thanks a lot.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

A datatype defines a data structure which can be used in a datastore to persist data to a SQL database. Other use cases are data exchange with external systems or internal helper structures.

A datastore represents a set of datatypes and a connection to a SQL database. Used to manage the table schema.

A recordtype is used to represent business data to the user and allow interaction using processes as related actions.

Certified Lead Developer

A datatype defines a data structure which can be used in a datastore to persist data to a SQL database. Other use cases are data exchange with external systems or internal helper structures.

A datastore represents a set of datatypes and a connection to a SQL database. Used to manage the table schema.

A recordtype is used to represent business data to the user and allow interaction using processes as related actions.

Children
No Data