dateField appearance / behavior

I have a dateField in my application that does not look or behave like the dateField in the Appian Documentation example.  I am on version 21.2

In the Appian Docs, the dateField date-picker allows the user to select the month or year in pull-downs as well as tab through the items in the date picker.  The user can tab to the "today" and "cancel" items as well.

In my application, the dateField date-picker does not allow the user to select the month/year with pulldowns nor can the user tab through the items in the date picker. 

Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to enable the full functionality of the date picker?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Screenshots from my application and the Appian docs below.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Looking at your implementation I think you're misunderstanding how Appian components work.

If you want a value from an input component (such as this date field) saved into a target variable the user has to interact with the form e.g. change the date. That is: your saveInto configuration will not get triggered until the user does something to that component.

Also, if you want the value you've saved into a variable then subsequently displayed in your component you need to reference that same variable.

I can see you're trying to default the value of your date to fn!today(). So:

{
      a!dateField(
        label: "Date",
        labelPosition: "ABOVE",
        value: ri!map.logDate,
        saveInto: { ri!map.logDate,  },
        validations: {}
      )
    }

and to have the value defaulted set it in the process that calls invokes interface so that ri!map.logDate is pre-filled when the interface loads.

• Looking at your implementation I think you're misunderstanding how Appian components work.

If you want a value from an input component (such as this date field) saved into a target variable the user has to interact with the form e.g. change the date. That is: your saveInto configuration will not get triggered until the user does something to that component.

Also, if you want the value you've saved into a variable then subsequently displayed in your component you need to reference that same variable.

I can see you're trying to default the value of your date to fn!today(). So:

{
      a!dateField(
        label: "Date",
        labelPosition: "ABOVE",
        value: ri!map.logDate,
        saveInto: { ri!map.logDate,  },
        validations: {}
      )
    }

and to have the value defaulted set it in the process that calls invokes interface so that ri!map.logDate is pre-filled when the interface loads.

Children