write many times to database

Hi everyone,

I have a question related to write to data store entity many times inside a process model, I am new at Appian and I start to build a process model for a complex issue.

in my application there is a submit form and a  5 reviewers who should accept or reject the submitted form,  the reviewers should be in a specific order.

for example : 

rev1 -> rev2->rev3->rev4-.rev5  as shown below:

each time a reviewer click approve or reject i want to write to data store so that the next reviewer can view the previous reviewer decision and the related info.

is there a best way to use less "Write to data store Entity" in my process model or using so mush to data store affect the process?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi

Each node inside process will occupy some memory and also it may impact on performance of overall application. It is always better to split the process into multiple reusable process with similar functionality. In your use case for all your write node saving same data I believe, so I would suggest you to create a sub process with this write node. It gives flexibility in terms of data management, archival and also  for maintenance. If you ever want to update this write to data store entity node you can modify one place it will effect all other places immediately. As Dave mentioned if all user review tasks have similar UI try to create a process for a single review and loop through single process for all reviews by passing right data into that sub process. 

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi

Each node inside process will occupy some memory and also it may impact on performance of overall application. It is always better to split the process into multiple reusable process with similar functionality. In your use case for all your write node saving same data I believe, so I would suggest you to create a sub process with this write node. It gives flexibility in terms of data management, archival and also  for maintenance. If you ever want to update this write to data store entity node you can modify one place it will effect all other places immediately. As Dave mentioned if all user review tasks have similar UI try to create a process for a single review and loop through single process for all reviews by passing right data into that sub process. 

Children