How to submit a form after the invoke of rule which in the saveInto of submitButton?

Hi All,

I have a form interface, when the button is clicked, i want to invoke the rule!xxx and if submit  depends on the rule result, and i only have one button.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

From past experimentation on my end, I can tell you with pretty high confidence that the "submit" behavior can't be evaluated dynamically at "click time".

The way I'd recommend you do this is to have a Refresh Variable that evaluates "rule!xyz" live (depending on whatever variable changes effect its output) and just set the "refresh" value of your button to its current state.  Thus anytime you change something on-form that would affect the "submit" value, it'll already be set for you as soon as the user clicks the button.

Certified Lead Developer

From past experimentation on my end, I can tell you with pretty high confidence that the "submit" behavior can't be evaluated dynamically at "click time".

The way I'd recommend you do this is to have a Refresh Variable that evaluates "rule!xyz" live (depending on whatever variable changes effect its output) and just set the "refresh" value of your button to its current state.  Thus anytime you change something on-form that would affect the "submit" value, it'll already be set for you as soon as the user clicks the button.

Children