Trigger a process model when SAML creates a new user

Hi,

I am configuring SAML to authenticate users to login into Appian and whenever there is a new user SAML will create that user in Appian.

But my requirement is that there is a table which contains all the groups to which that new user should be assigned like roles and responsibilities for that new user.

Whenever that new user is created by SAML i need to trigger a process model to synch all the groups with the user.

My question is there any way to trigger a process when SAML creates a new user?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I am not sure if you could really achieve a process model trigger on new user creation. 

But, it also seems like you aren't using much of Appian's groups. If you can use role and responsibility assignment via groups, and not manage it through a DB table, you could map the user at tge time of creation to the right groups.

Was there a specific reason why you choose to implement role management through DB and not groups ?

Certified Lead Developer

I am not sure if you could really achieve a process model trigger on new user creation. 

But, it also seems like you aren't using much of Appian's groups. If you can use role and responsibility assignment via groups, and not manage it through a DB table, you could map the user at tge time of creation to the right groups.

Was there a specific reason why you choose to implement role management through DB and not groups ?

Children
No Data