Template for PDF smart service

Hi,

Could anyone please tell what is the basic template to be followed in PDF Smart Service.

I have tried giving word doc with (###variable### and sentence) it showed the variables list on the setup screen.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Purvaja

As far as I know this is not available using any of the normal smart services - I believe Fill PDF and PDF from Template both create "flattened" output files.  But on that note, why can't you provide all necessary filled data using Appian?

• Using Appian we are able to fill all the data.

The problem here is using fillable pdf format, after downloading the populated pdf it is allowing users to update the data.

1. We have used PDF smart service to update the pdf with the data.

2. Using send email, we have attached the updated copy.

3. After this, we have received email with pdf attached.

4. But when we download the pdf, has it is a fillable fields pdf we are able to modify the updated values.

We are trying to get a pdf populated with a readonly pdf attached.   

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Purvaja
    We are trying to get a pdf populated with a readonly pdf attached.   

Sorry, I thought you were saying the opposite to this.

I recommend you use the smart service "Fill PDF" (found in the PDF Tools plug-in), and enable the option called "Flatten".  I recommend this smart service in general over the "pdf from template" one, because Fill PDF allows you to pass in the document data in an expression, which is much more flexible and scalable than having to manually populate the value for every single replacement field.