New feature implementing

Certified Associate Developer

If a client is asking for a uncommon feature in Appian . But while gathering information in documentation it is not available what to do in this case . where we can find the solution for this  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

A few options, vaguely ranked from Fastest to Slowest:

1. Post your use case (with as much detail as possible including screenshots, mockups, and/or sample code) here, in case anyone else here has ever implemented something similar via some combination of unconventional workaround, plug-in, etc.
    2. Develop your own plug-in to add the feature you need
    3. If and only if it's something that you feel should be an Appian Base Product feature and would be universally useful, open an Appian Support Case with your justification for why it should be added.

Asking here has worked for me before, but not very often.  I would encourage you to find a way to handle the use case with existing functionality (including having a thorough search through the available plug-ins), because otherwise you will probably be waiting for a long time.

• Mike's suggestions are good, but one other thing I will mention is that it's important to understand the intent of what a customer is asking for. If you post your use case, there may be other ways to achieve a similar solution (that may still meet the customer's requirements), and understanding why the customer wants this can help us prioritize the right kinds of features.

Reply Children