Welcome to the Appian Developer Learning Path: Exercise Completion Difficulties

Hello

In the "Welcome to the Appian Developer Learning Path", "Query Your Data" section: I am finding my screen does not look like the example and available choices (e.g. cons!AA_VEHICLE_HIGH_MILEAGE) are not available

I've searched through to figure out if that was embedded or created along the way. There is one section where "low, medium, high mileage" categories are created and they don't seem to be constants (cons!).

If I move through the exercise without the correct elements I'm not sure how that will impact further lessons.

To this point I have spent more time trying to understand and resolve this than the entirety of the lesson is supposed to take.

Any help is most welcome, thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I took a look at my practice application and it looks like I created that constant myself and configured it as "Type: Number(Integer)" and "Value: 75000". I believe it's being used to calculate which vehicles have high mileage rates and that is the cutoff mileage amount.

I don't see where in the exercises it directs you to do that, so sorry I can't help you with where they had those instructions written out but this should help you move forward hopefully.

• Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately I cannot find where this constant is embedded in the exercise template. I've searched every way I can think of including restricting searches to data store entities.

I've moved on with the exercise incomplete. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Reply Children