How to pass value from one record type to another record type and filter the record with that value

I have two record types, what I am trying to achieve is, when I click on the Orderid (below) from record type one,   

the second record should be displayed with only row where OrderId is 2345.

I have been able to display all the data (above image) from second record type but not the one which order Id I selected.

Please help me with it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer

you have to use queryFilter under query record type for filter the data. Please refer a!queryRecordType() Function - Appian 22.3 for more details. 

Certified Lead Developer

This... isn't really how Record Types work.  There really isn't such a concept as "passing a value from one record type to another", even.  You can display record-to-record relationships in many ways, but generally speaking you always start out in the context of one particular record entry, after having selected one from a list.

If you click the "OrderId" from the top screenshot, then your end user should be expecting to open the summary dashboard for the "2345" entry in the "OrderId" record type.  On the summary dashboard for "2345", you can show whatever information you wish, specifically pertaining to OrderId 2345 - your interface would contain a rule input passing in the order ID, then you could use that to query from whatever other tables you want, and show whatever data you want.  This could include, for example, a grid of entries from a different record type where those entries all relate to the "2345" OrderId.