How to simulate calling two smart services in Appian ?

Hi Team,

I have a use case where if some user clicks on a link, then first, some data needs to be deleted and then second, an api integration needs to be triggered with a query parameter whose value basically is the value of the link clicked.(local!selectedSuiteName)

See below screenshot: 

So, if someone clicks on the first link, then first I need to delete the related data from db and secondly then I need to call an integration which is configured basically to call an API. But I want to pass the selected link value as a query parameter to the API, I am not sure how to do it in expression. What I know is I can call an integration using rule!<Integration name>, however I don't know how to pass the parameter which is basically saved in local!selectedSuiteName.

So the full flow is like,

1. When user clicks on a link, some related data need to be deleted from an appian table.

2. Now, I need to populate the same table with some data and that data basically I want to fetch from an integration which I have discussed above.

Below is the screenshot, How I am trying to achieve this.

Code:

a!localVariables(
  local!msg,
  a!cardLayout(
    contents: a!gridField(
      label: "Suites",
      labelPosition: "ABOVE",
      data: 'recordType!{cb3c545e-904d-4198-9ce7-1044eb68e4f6}BTUA_v2_GetAllSuites_RecordType',
      columns: {
        a!gridColumn(
          label: "Suite Name",
          sortField: 'recordType!{cb3c545e-904d-4198-9ce7-1044eb68e4f6}BTUA_v2_GetAllSuites_RecordType.fields.{50f36e4d-df17-4fd3-ad80-17401b261035}suitename',
          value: a!linkField(
            links: {
              a!dynamicLink(
                label: fv!row['recordType!{cb3c545e-904d-4198-9ce7-1044eb68e4f6}BTUA_v2_GetAllSuites_RecordType.fields.{50f36e4d-df17-4fd3-ad80-17401b261035}suitename'],
                saveInto: {
                  a!deleteFromDataStoreEntities(
                    dataToDelete: {
                      a!entityDataIdentifiers(
                        entity: cons!BTUA_v2_Script_tbl_constant,
                        identifiers: rule!BTUA_getListOfScriptIdentifiersForUser("abc@bc.cd"),
                        /*identifiers: rule!BTUA_getListOfScriptIdentifiersForUser(loggedInUser()),*/

)
                    },
                    onSuccess: a!save(local!msg, "Success"),
                    onError: a!save(local!msg, "Failure")
                  ),

a!writeToDataStoreEntity(
                    dataStoreEntity: cons!BTUA_v2_Script_tbl_constant,
                    valueToStore: rule!BTUA_v2_GetMappedScriptsForSelectedSuite(),
                    onSuccess: a!save(local!msg, "Success"),
                    onError: a!save(local!msg, "Failure")
                  ),
                  a!save(ri!isSuiteSelected, true()),
                  a!save(ri!isScriptSelected, false()),
                  a!save(
                    ri!selectedSuiteName,
                    fv!row['recordType!{cb3c545e-904d-4198-9ce7-1044eb68e4f6}BTUA_v2_GetAllSuites_RecordType.fields.{50f36e4d-df17-4fd3-ad80-17401b261035}suitename']
                  )
                }
              )
            }
          )
        )
      },
      validations: {},
      refreshAfter: "RECORD_ACTION",
      showSearchBox: true,
      showRefreshButton: false,
      actionsDisplay: "LABEL_AND_ICON"
    )
  ),

)

Line no. 32 basically calling an API integration for which I don't know how to pass query parameter which is basically local!selectedSuiteName.

Now here the main catch is that I can't call two smart services in a single expression. I want to simulate this somehow.

Could u guyz pls help me in this ?

Let me know if other data is required.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data