How to create connected system for Active Directory?

Dear All, Can anyone please tell me how to create connected system for active directory, because there is no template for active directory in Appian.

Thanks in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to victoriav0001

Users must verify against their Active Directory accounts upon Appian login - this is a live AD verification and essentially must be done at least every workday at the beginning of their usage of Appian (and further SSO parameters are defined by the organization; for instance the timeout interval, etc).  I don't see why this would be an insufficient level of verification.

Appian does not have a direct built-in way to force re-verification at arbitrary points in the system, whether that's specific tasks, reports, etc.  At this point I'd suggest that whoever proposed this "requirement" is encroaching upon the ideological boundary where they're really "dictating design" rather than actually giving requirements.

That said - in the past I've seen a second-layer verification implemented (manually) by a project team whereupon certain high-level users self-choose a "PIN" that's stored in the DB, and then they're asked to enter their PIN for secondary verificaiton upon submission of certain tasks.  The advantage here is you'd have UI-level / form-level control of this verification and the design thereof; the disadvantage (such as it is) would be that your design team would need to build and manage it manually.

Children